[tor-talk] Fwd: [tor-relays] Tor Project slandered?

Ben Tasker ben at bentasker.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 11:17:46 UTC 2015

> Using terms like dark net is part of the problem.
True. After all, it's not like nothing untoward happens on "the clearnet".

To be fair to Hollywood though, at least the average person *expects* them
to dramatise etc. Not sure how I missed it the first time round, but in my
book, this by the City of London Police rates far worse -
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140615/06475527587/city-london-police-claim-that-tor-is-90-internet-is-risk-to-society.shtml

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:50 PM, I <beatthebastards at inbox.com> wrote:

> Using terms like dark net is part of the problem.
> Tor is neutral. Criminal activity is just that.
> Describe things less hollywood and people might think clearly.
>
> Robert
>

> --

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk