[tor-talk] Fwd: [tor-relays] Tor Project slandered?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:18:18 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Larry Brandt <lbrandt at cni.net>
Date: Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Subject: [tor-relays] Tor Project slandered?
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

Last night my wife and I caught an episode of 'NCSI New Orleans.' The
plot involved a brainiac from DARPA with a congenital heart problem.
His job, he reported to NCSI, was to decrypt the Tor network.  He
needed a new heart to finish what was almost done.  He stated: "97% of
all illegal internet activity occurs on the deep web".  He made no
distinction between deep web and Tor.  This morning I fired off an
email to the show producer telling him what a disservice he was doing
to people worldwide who needed anonymity. Maybe some of you will join
me in communicating to him.
LB