[tor-talk] improvements torstatus.blutmagie.de

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Tue Nov 3 08:59:34 UTC 2015

Am 02.11.2015 um 18:49 schrieb George:

> I'm aware of the "Last Published Descriptor (GMT)" field, but why is
> there such a consistent gap in "observed bandwidth" between Blutmagie
> and Rueckgr.at, which is the only other operational TorStatus I'm aware
> of?  Is this a question for the Rueckgr.at admin?

it is average vs. peak bandwidth

Blutmagie's calculated bandwidth comes from the bandwidth that a relay
publishes in its "extra-info" descriptor. It is the sustained bandwidth
aggregated into 15 minute chunks or so. In contrast torstatus.rueckgr.at
as well as other tns sites display the bandwidth peak value.

cheers Olaf