[tor-talk] flash player

TheGravitator thegravitator at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:00:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

Flash player is able to leak your real IP when running through Tor Browser,
at the request of the video service provider, basically it uses a "phone
home" technique, causing Flash Player to directly contact the video service
provider without going through Tor.

If you have jailed your Flash Player to Tor only access, using your firewall
(e.g free Comodo), then you won't get feed from sites which insist on
knowing your real IP (most "cam" sites insist on this e.g. myfreecams, but
there are other "video only" site who do this also), you just get a page
which says its trying to connect, at the same time your firewall logs should
show failed attempts to go direct..

Perhaps the same can happen with Xubuntu or maybe it just blocks the
incoming requests.

So it could appear to work under one and not under the other.

Hope this helps.

TG