[tor-talk] Bitcoin Halloween... A Dangerous Idea... They're Terrified We'll Use It

anonym anonym at riseup.net
Mon Nov 2 00:32:18 UTC 2015

grarpamp:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Fuck! Disappointed to learn that Tor Messenger doesn't include
>> logging of chats. I thought we'd learned…"
>
> It's open source, a few lines of code will solve that.

No code changes are needed. While it seems that the Instantbird logging
options has been removed from the preferences GUI (normally it's in the
Privacy tab) in Tor Messenger, they can be enabled via the
purple.logging.log_* prefs. After a restart, the logs will appear in
Messenger/TorMessenger/Data/Browser/profile.default/logs. I guess it's
ok to set purple.logging.log_chats = true as long as you only do public
chats (e.g. most IRC networks). [That is until you join a super sekrit
XMPP chat and have forgotten about that logging. Let's shoot ourselves
in our feet, yay! :)]

Cheers!