[tor-talk] SOCKS proxy to sit between user and Tor?

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Tue May 26 22:45:14 UTC 2015

Of course turning off remote resolves to use a local resolver (free of
conflicts) also has this downside. Settings persist between tbb launch
so if remote DNS is turned off and a local resolver is down a leak
occurs using the system DNS.

If anything, for the sake of your sanity try to keep everything in the
plugin.

On 5/26/2015 at 6:40 PM, "l.m"  wrote:I'd like to point out that if
you decide to use another SOCKS proxy
you may encounter another problem. Suppose I bypass the port assigned
to your custom proxy and instead point to the usual tor proxy. This
might occur if a user manually configures the proxy and cannot tell
the difference between the two. Most likely it'll fail and they'll
notice. In a worst case, your blockchain resolves are bypassed and a
leak occurs.

It also raises the question of whether you really want to have a SOCKS
proxy for both regular firefox and tbb/tor.

--leeroy

tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk at lists.torproject.org