[tor-talk] Quantum Insert detection for everyone

David Stainton dstainton415 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:00:22 UTC 2015

Hi tor-talk,
Hi Chris,

I've finally fixed all the false positive bugs in honeybadger (as far
as I know!).
I've updated the docs here with a few additional usage considerations
that Tor exit operators might find helpful:

https://honeybadger.readthedocs.org/

If a TCP attack is detected then honeybadger will write json attack
reports to the logs directory. If the CLI option
-metadata_attack_log=false is set then the attack logs will contain
base64 blobs... and so this is not a human readable format which is
why I created the honeybadgerReportTool which makes it VERY easy to
see the injected data with it's color coated hex dump diff output:

https://github.com/david415/HoneyBadger/blob/master/cmd/honeybadgerReportTool/main.go

Please feel free to write me on or off list to ask any question you
may have about how honeybadger works or how to use it.

Cheers,

David