[tor-talk] google meek server returns 403 error to Iranian IPs !

reza-askari at riseup.net reza-askari at riseup.net
Tue May 19 18:05:11 UTC 2015

hi
i am an Iranian tor user and i need to use Bridges and TransportPlugin
to connect to network.
but unfortunately google meek never worked for me. to night i tried to
check it out.
so i entered the https://meek-reflect.appspot.com/ in my browser and
then this error:

     GOOGLE

     403. That’s an error.

     Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server.
(Client IP address: some.Iranian.IP.address)

     We're sorry, but this service is not available in your country.
That’s all we know.

and i think it seams funny that you use google app engine to unblock tor
in countries like Iran
and then google blocks Iranian access to that service.

https://az668014.vo.msecnd.net/ and
https://d2zfqthxsdq309.cloudfront.net/ working functional here.

Reza Askari