[tor-talk] Crasher in tor browser alpha when playing videos

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon May 18 19:38:59 UTC 2015

Christian Stadelmann:
> Hi
>
> I found a crasher when playing videos in tor browser 5.0a1. This is not
> present in current firefox releases. It happens on different websites
> with a <video> tag, even on simple test sites. This issue was not
> present in TBB 4.5.
>
> Is this issue known? If yes, where do I find it (to not ask this
> question next time). I searched on trac without finding anything useful
> [1].

So apart from https://bugs.torproject.org/16026 there is nothing known
that resembles your problem. Do you have an example URL which crashes
your Tor Browser? What Linux are you using?

> If not, how do I debug this to find the cause and help fix it? Just
> running the same command line as the starter script does, inside gdb:
>
> gdb --args ./firefox --class Tor\ Browser -profile
> TorBrowser/Data/Browser/profile.default
>
> seems to be a bad idea and does not work. I could not find any tips for
> that e.g. in the FAQ [2].

Have a look at the HACKING document:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBrowser/Hacking

section "Using gdb". I hope this helps.