[tor-talk] German University signs up 24 tor relays

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Tue May 5 16:36:24 UTC 2015

I'm not trying to upset anyone but do we really have to stalk every
researcher who adds relays? Honestly, does there need to be a report
on  x-number of relays were added, constituting a spike this month to
date? I  mean this purely out of respect for tor-related research
worldwide.  Engaging in tor related research means they have the
ability and mentor  to identify the reason they're not getting x-flag
is because of reasons  ___, ___, and most likely ___. They know
there's resources available to pose questions if their mentor cannot
provide one. Does every tor researcher have to  disclose their
research before it's time? It's a little bit rude to assume they don't
understand the spec.

What if their research involves studying the traffic at an exit. What
if their research involves studying exploits? Yes, I know it's
questionable. This is science and engineering though. As a graduate it
wouldn't be fair to assume there wouldn't be a disclosure of results.
Have they done something wrong that they need feedback. Did they ask
for it (yet)? They aren't responsible as a graduate with a mentor?

If they're a master's student in Germany they'd have to be hiding
under a rock to not know the state of wiretapping by state
intelligence.

A little patience would be more becoming of a not-for-profit
organization that promotes privacy and anonymity. I do research too,
ongoing even, should I disclose everything to date too. Honestly. Let
them be until they're ready.

--leeroy