[tor-talk] Configuring a Tor relay

W. Greenhouse wgreenhouse at riseup.net
Mon May 4 11:53:36 UTC 2015

Hello Raymond,

Raymond Quintana <rq4life at gmail.com> writes:

> I have been reading your manuel on Configuring a Relay manually but find
> the process really hard. Please, may I have an Application (.exe) so that I
> may install a program that allows me to manage all of my Tor Relays? As far
> as increasing/decreasing bandwidth usage, switching them on/off, and
> managing more that one Tor Relay.

Unfortunately there is currently no such program in existence, probably because
most relays in existence are running on UNIX-like platforms. There,
you can use the usual operating system interfaces for starting and stopping
daemons (background processes) or use something like
https://www.atagar.com/arm/. Being a text application, it can be run remotely
and accessed via ssh. One could run an instance of this for each
Tor relay one was administering, and keep them in separate terminal sessions
or collect them all using something like "screen" or "tmux".

The only Tor controller tool of which I am aware for Windows is Vidalia, which
is unmaintained and abandoned for the past several years, and anyway did not
have the capacity to control remote Tor instances. Perhaps you could create
a new one yourself. :)

Hope this helps,

--
WGG