[tor-talk] Games Without Frontiers: Investigating Video Games as a Covert Channel

Jon Tullett jon.tullett at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:29:18 UTC 2015

On 27 Mar 2015 15:05, "Rishab Nithyanand" <rishabn.uci at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Jon.
>
> I think you do raise some very good points and this is a good debate to
> have.

I agree. And that, I think, is the point I'm trying to make - the fact that
these points are debatable suggests they shouldn't be taken as assumptions
in research.

Of course you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, because the worst
possible cases preclude privacy entirely, but be aware, and transparent,
about the nature of your assumptions. And be prepared to be disappointed -
a lot of what we know to be fact today was dismissed by the mainstream as
dystopian pessimism just a few years ago.

My job is not to be a pessimist, though. Just to challenge assumptions :-)

-J