[tor-talk] Upcoming stable releases in need of testing. (Requires building from source!)

anonym anonym at riseup.net
Sat Mar 14 14:28:34 UTC 2015

On 12/03/15 20:23, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do you like to build allegedly stable versions of Tor from source code
> and try them out looking for new bugs?
>
> If so, head over to
>    http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/volatile/tor-sha256sum.txt.asc
>
> There is a GPG-signed document listing the sha256sum digests and URLs
> for a couple of packages that *are not yet* official Tor releases
> 0.2.4.26 and 0.2.5.11, but which might soon be.  Check the signature,
> check the digests, and give them a spin!
>
> I'm especially interested in regressions -- that is, bugs that are in
> 0.2.4.26 but not in 0.2.4.25, or bugs that are in 0.2.5.11 but not in
> 0.2.5.10.

I built a Debian package from these Tor 0.2.5.11 sources (with the
Debian packaging for 0.2.5.10 added), and then built a Tails image with
it, and ran our full automated test suite, which of course involves a
lot of Tor usage. I'm happy to say that no regressions were found so it
looks like a solid release, as usual. Good job!

Cheers!