[tor-talk] Protest Blocking Tor via CloudFlare

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:35:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Andreas Krey <a.krey at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure whose credit that would be - other (re?)captcha-using
> sites (IIRC hacker news) now have the same simpler captchas, so it
> seems not to be cloudflare's doing.

- YC is not the original hacker news... YC's use of essentially same name
is an insult to history.
- So if "other" sites now also have simpler, of course it's enabled by CF.
- A respected party has been in touch and it probably should be said
that it is the sites procuring CF and wishing/accepting for captcha
related things and anti policies that are the problem, not necessarily CF
itself. CF as a company would certainly view themselves as offering tech in
response to what their customers view as serious problem and want to pay for.
On the other hand, b2b procurement still has bilateral negotiable and
influential
elements. So failing statements from either side, lodging issues against both
sides seems generally fair.
- I've not examined CF config options from the customer side.
Someone should do that.
- Recaptcha (CMU/google) is not CF (CF). I may have mixed that up
at some point.