[tor-talk] Tor Browser 4.5a4 on Raspbian wheezy

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Mar 10 07:18:08 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 11:58 PM, Andreas Krey wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 20:32:11 +0000, Mirimir wrote:
>> I've built Tor Browser 4.5a4 on Raspbian wheezy, using instructions at
>> <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBrowser/Hacking>.
>>
>> Is this news, or unremarkable?
>
> At least, it's interesting. I wanted to look into that myself (because
> I only have a raspberry at one place and want the TTB), but...
>
> Did you build on the rasperry or cross? Care to share details?
>
> Andreas

I built on a Pi 2, with Raspbian wheezy on a 32GB class 10 microSDHC
card. It took 6-7 hours at 100% CPU, and I had to cool the Pi 2 with a
small fan to prevent overheating. I followed exactly the instructions in
the above URL at "Building Just Firefox", except that I commented out
"ac_add_options --enable-tor-browser-update" in
"~/tor-browser/.mozconfig" after configuring.

After "make -C obj-* package INNER_MAKE_PACKAGE=true", I executed
"~/tor-browser/obj-armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/dist/firefox/firefox".
And it works. But I've since discovered that add-ons are broken.
Browsing "about:addons", I get: