[tor-talk] Freenet

Lars Luthman mail at larsluthman.net
Sun Mar 8 22:56:13 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 15:00 -0400, finder2 at verizon.net wrote:
> http://localhost:8888/
>
> Say why can’t I reach freenet sites??? I’m not to smart yet about not
> being tracked online but I’ma trying.

Are you trying to connect to that address using the Tor Browser? That
won't work, since Tor blocks local addresses to prevent accidental data
leaks.

The Freenet documentation recommends using a normal browser in privacy
mode:

"For best security you should use a separate browser for Freenet,
preferably in privacy mode. On Windows, the system tray menu will try to
use Chrome in incognito mode if possible. Internet Explorer does not
work well with Freenet, Firefox and Opera are widely used."

https://freenetproject.org/download.html

--ll