[tor-talk] Why corrupt government officials are strongly opposed to this Tor project (a Gestapo government run amok!)

Ben Tasker ben at bentasker.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 12:56:27 UTC 2015

> Another example of hypocrisy is America. There's no government
> established killing camp system but at least 50 million have been
> murdered since 1972/73 through abortion. In all of the former examples
> it was deemed that there is a life not worth living and they aren't
> really "people". Such is how "the freest country in the world" values
> human life. Change the language and it's all the same.

I appreciate there is strong feeling on both sides of that particular
debate, but I'm not entirely sure how you can view abortion as anywhere
near the same as rounding up people based on faith and executing them en
masse (to again use the German example). Abortion is it's own debate, and
personally I don't think it fits anywhere into the framing of genocide.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:52 PM, <andre76 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 12:37 PM, goofyzrnssm at vfemail.net wrote:
> > Travis Bean:
> > > a Gestapo government run amok!
> > >
> > > The terminology "Gestapo" translates to seventeen different
> > > organizations (
> http://www.intelligence.gov/mission/member-agencies.html)
> > >
> > > the Gestapo government here in the United States
> >
> > The Gestapo sent millions of people to death camps [1-5].  The
> > conflation of genocidal bastards with the NSA and their Five Eyes
> > counterparts is a false equivalence.  The NSA really hasn't murdered
> > millions of people [6-8], and the word "Gestapo" doesn't actually
> > appear on the page you've cited.
>
> Consider the killing of innocent people as an aggregate no matter who
> they are or what they believe or what they look like. It's true that the
> German government, at the time, sent millions to their deaths in the
> concentration camps. Maybe the figure is around 10 million?
> Most of the killing was of Jewish people.
>
> Everyone likes to pick on the Germans/Nazis.
>
> What the Germans did is insignificant to what the Soviet Union did in
> their prison camp system and the Red Chinese have done.
>
> Another example of hypocrisy is America. There's no government
> established killing camp system but at least 50 million have been
> murdered since 1972/73 through abortion. In all of the former examples
> it was deemed that there is a life not worth living and they aren't
> really "people". Such is how "the freest country in the world" values
> human life. Change the language and it's all the same.
>

> > The real Gestapo no longer exists.
>

> > gz
> >
> > [1] http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/232117/Gestapo
> > [2] http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/holocaust/timeprint.html
> > [3]
> >
> http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/The-Home-Forum/2008/1201/p17s01-hfgn.html
> > [4] http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/Gestapo.html
> > [5]
> >
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/13/the-gestapo-still-sets-the-bar-for-evil.html
> > [6]
> >
> http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/405392/National-Security-Agency-NSA
> > [7] http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data
> > [8]
> >
> https://www.propublica.org/article/the-nsas-secret-campaign-to-crack-undermine-internet-encryption

> > VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
> > ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of
> > the NSA's hands!
> > $24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features!
> > 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
> > Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!
> > --
>
> --