[tor-talk] New Tor project idea for internet comments

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:33:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 15:33:28 -0500
"Lee Malek" <leemalek at Safe-mail.net> wrote:

> 99% of censorship happens on blog comments. This kind of project
> would help to force an open dialog.

	Yes it is a good idea.  As a matter of fact I vaguely remember
	a browser addon that would let people do exactly that : you
	could add comments to websites and the comments were not stored
	on the site but on...a different server run by the people who
	created the addon? I never really investigated it.

	To make it 'censorship resistent' the comments would have to be
	stored in a freenet-like database. Actually, all you need is a
	browser plugin that can store content in freenet. You don't
	need tor.