[tor-talk] New Tor project idea for internet comments

Lee Malek leemalek at Safe-mail.net
Wed Mar 4 18:05:23 UTC 2015

Hi, I am new here.

I have an idea for a tor sub-project that would serve our purpose (fighting censorship) perfectly.

This would be a different version of tor - a sort of sub-tor... and a browser plugin.

Everyone that installs this version of tor would be forced to run a relay - but only for comments - no images, etc.

The browser plugin would connect to the tor app and scan the webpage the person is on. The plugin would display on a drop down comments people have made using the tor comments system. They can of couse make comments of their own.

I think this is a must for our purpose. So many news website block comments they dont like these days.

If I had the programming skills I would get started on this. But I don't. So I'm hoping this post gets the ball rolling.

With this kind of system plus using the tor website to market it, we could really change the dialog in this and every country.