[tor-talk] CloudFlare fingerprinting

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sun Mar 1 07:11:47 UTC 2015

Of course it's possible. It's way harder than just, you know, regular
tracking! Cloudflare probably has advanced tracking in order to determine
the likelihood of being spam. Cloudflare also gets headers and IP
addresses, in addition to having many access points already betray the user
a little bit. The NSA only has to make sure to listen to every Cloudflare
in and output, and they'll get a ton of decent info.

A similar argument goes for Google's Recaptcha. I really like the UI for
the new "captcha-free-captcha", but I also know that profiling is the main
ingredient for it to work. I also dislike always being given a captcha
anyway, just because I run debian and have minimal anti-tracking. Welcome
to a world where privacy reduces features!