[tor-talk] A month with BADONIONS

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Sat Jun 27 17:18:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 01:45:13PM +0200, nusenu wrote:
> @phw: did the dir authorities blacklist
> 09A880567B0839B4085C2EC14002DE34AAFE8548 or did it disappear on its
> own? (downtime 4 days)

The relay wasn't blacklisted and disappeared on its own.

Chloe is right in saying that the BadExit process could work better.
Similar to so many other projects, there are not enough people to keep
up with all the work.  The little resources we have we tend to spend on
more serious attacks.  That is not to say that traffic sniffing is
harmless, but we are forced to prioritise.

Cheers,
Philipp