[tor-talk] Tor-ramdisk 20150616 released

Anthony G. Basile basile at opensource.dyc.edu
Mon Jun 22 20:05:57 UTC 2015

On 6/22/15 2:43 PM, Çağıl P. Şesto wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:58:44AM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
>> operator only has access to minimal information. Finally, since everything
>> runs in ephemeral memory, no information survives a reboot, except for the
>> Tor configuration file and the private RSA key, which may be
>> exported/imported by FTP or SCP.
>
> Is source available, or is that binary only? Couldn't find any on the
> site.

Built on a uclibc system using the build scripts at

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-ramdisk.git/

You can use the stage3 uclibc tarballs at

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-uclibc-hardened/

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-stage3-i686-uclibc-hardened/

I am also responsible for those tarballs.  The hardened uclibc webpage
is at the following link

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc

and gives more information about what goes into them.

> And I actually really doubt that no infomation survives a reboot, but I
> can't tell without the source.

Are you referring to cold boot attack?

> If its run inside a vm, it's worse. :)

Yes, all well known issues.