[tor-talk] Blocking of Tor relay IP address

burrobert at inventati.org burrobert at inventati.org
Mon Jun 8 10:38:01 UTC 2015

I having been running a Tor relay for a while now and have met the
following problem. It seems that if you run a Tor relay for long enough
your IP address ends up in blocklists maintained by various services.
One of these services is Akamai and Apple seems to be using Akamai
services. As a result I lost access to Apple sites such as
discussions.apple.com and support.apple.com even when not using Tor. The
problem disappeared when I asked my ISP to change my IP address. I would
like to continue running a Tor relay but I would also like to be able to
access apple sites from the same IP address. Does anyone have any
information or suggestions relating to this situation?