[tor-talk] Invaded by disconnect.me

Артур Истомин art.istom at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 2 07:33:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 12:54:55AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> On 06/02/2015 12:37 AM, Andreas Krey wrote:
> > On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:06:47 +0000, Mirimir wrote:
> >> DuckDuckgo's search results are pretty much useless, a waste of time.
> >
> > In my experience ddg got a lot better recently (year-ish); I stayed
> > there during the startpage default. Seldom needed to go to google.
> >
> > But then, you can just select what you like to use (modulo
> > anonymity set).
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Fair enough. Maybe I'm pickier, and care less about anonymity ;)
>
> But what do you think of the current Disconnect default?

It's US company (StartPage not), they're obligated disclose ALL requisite
information to USG.

Also from their Terms:

"By submitting, posting, or displaying content as part of the Services,
you give Disconnect the right to use such content"

It is VERY questionable to enable Disconnect as search engine by default
in TBB. It is doubly questionable after their money donation.