[tor-talk] Passing links from command line to Tor Browser

jonas hedman jonas.hedman at fripost.org
Fri Jul 31 21:49:47 UTC 2015

Hi, I'm wondering if it might be possible to pass links from command the
command line into a already open and running tor browser?

I've managed to open TBB to a specific urls on startup by adding
no-remote to the "./firefox..." lines in the start-tor-browser script.

But how about passing links into a open tor browser? When I try I get
the "Tor Browser is already running, but is not responding..."-error

To add some context, my goal with this is in the end to open links from
my rss reader newsbeuter in Tor browser.

Any help on how to accomplish this would be highly appreciate

With kindly regards