[tor-talk] Profiling Tor users via keystrokes

flapflap flapflap at riseup.net
Thu Jul 30 23:36:15 UTC 2015

Hi!

(I didn't find this topic discussed here yet and I think it might be
interesting)

the article

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/07/how-the-way-you-type-can-shatter-anonymity-even-on-tor/
says that apparently it's possible to deanonymise Tor users by analysing
their keystrokes in input fields of websites.

Is it valid to assume that such a technique is possible to be deployed
by, for example, cloudflare? (needs JavaScript, has an input field)
(or is it required for learning to always enter the same text by the
same user?)

Is there need for modifications in the Tor Browser Bundle/upstream Firefox?

Cheers,
~flapflap