[tor-talk] tor not running

Speak Freely when2plus2is5 at riseup.net
Tue Jul 28 17:50:44 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

There are so many possibilities why the download did not succeed, if we
can confirm that's what happened.

If you have a spotty internet connection (dial-up, satellite, fixed
wireless, rural DSL, etc), or you're using Internet Explorer 6-8, or
just other random problems.

Until you follow all of the instructions, we can't yet truly confirm
that is actually the problem, though.

And adding on to Seth's statement, that's right, most people have never
verified their download. Few people download the signature, fewer check.
However, this is really the only way that I know of that ensures that
the file you downloaded is the complete file the Tor Project meant for
you to get. And when you can verify whether or not the download is
valid, we can move forward.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to jump in.

Matt
Speak Freely