[tor-talk] Outage of meek-azure

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Jul 20 04:08:42 UTC 2015

A few hours ago the meek-azure CDN endpoint stopped working and is now
serving an error code 403. The outage is caused by an error in account
management and I think it will be temporary. I am talking with support
about it now.

What happened is Microsoft transitioned users from one kind of sponsored
account (Microsoft Azure Pass) to another kind (Microsoft Azure
Sponsorship). While I created the new sponsorship account, I did not
realize that you had to separately transfer all your services to the new
account. The old account finally expired today and the services abruptly
stopped working.