[tor-talk] OnionBalance Hidden Service has over 1 million successful hits in just 3 days

Ben ben at gerbil.it
Wed Jul 8 14:39:34 UTC 2015

>From the client end, I've seen occasions where I couldn't connect to the
 HS, though it's a very small percentage (around 1.5%).

Count Status code
    590 000
 408391 200

000 being the code curl returns when it couldn't connect. In terms of
time to serve, there's a fair range of variation in terms of the total
connection time.

Count  Seconds
  45207 0
 149979 1
 103050 2
  55134 3
  27011 4
  13688 5
   7405 6
   4022 7
   2217 8
   1324 9

All connections were established in less than a second, and the time to
first byte was generally < 2 seconds

Count TTFB
    590 0
 408479 1
      1 3
      1 4
      1 5
      1 6
      1 7
      5 8
     10 9

Obviously some of the variation might be down to my client's connection
rather than the hidden service, it's running on a stable 100Mb/s
connection, though the traffic graphs show some fluctuation in the
bandwidth being used (attached - stats taken at the NIC so likely
includes other traffic though the test will be the primary use).

Happy to send the stats file in full if it's of any use to you.