[tor-talk] OFTC and Tor

Pickfire pickfire at riseup.net
Wed Jul 8 12:50:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 11:44:26PM +0400, meejah wrote:
>My usual method of connecting to OFTC via Tor is "really hope the exit I
>have isn't blocked".
>
>However, this "strategy" has been failing for weeks. Is there a better
>way to connect? I'm using SSL and authorizing via SASL.
>
>thanks,
>meejah

I hope that there is also a way to use tor with freenode other than
oftc.

I wanted to use tor with freenode and oftc in pidgin. And it seems that
the method "really hope that the exit I have isn't blocked" have a very,
very low probability. (about 10%)

I still haven't figured out how to use SSL in freenode and oftc.