[tor-talk] Torbirdy

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 22:09:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:55 AM,  <rocket_penguin at riseup.net> wrote:
> Why doesn't everyone just use UTC in the Date: header and then the
> computer that the mail is being read on converts it to local time?

Seems a good overall approach if you did not want to accept
the confusion of the date/TZ the server would add upon readers.
Two additional things would apply:
1) The MUA must not modify the mail archived on disk that
it is reading, the conversion is for display purposes only.
2) I think the MUA might need a library to reference all the past
historical timezone/DST/leap data when converting for meaningful
display in the present.