[tor-talk] How to make TBB useable as "system Tor", as Tor, Vidalia, pluggable transports system level replacement?

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Sat Jan 24 22:43:32 UTC 2015

> TB is carefully
> engineered to be undiscernible across platforms and machines, unlike
> most common network applications. Having other traffic (chat, email
> client, etc.) routed through the same Tor instance would greatly
> decrease the traffic anonymity.
>
> Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Yep, TB is designed to generate undiscernible traffic.
But Internet is not just web… :'(

In my case, I use more Tor for other stuff than web than Tor for web stuff, for
NSA-threats protection or just to bypass facist firewalls.
IRC, XMPP, SSH, email, through HS or not, with TransPort needed (most of
application outside web browser support badly if not at all SOCKS proxy), etc.
(As always) depends of your threat models, but for sys-admin, main threats are
outside the browser (see « I hunt sys admin » or 12/28 Spiegel Snowden’s
documents). To stay in peace, stay hidden :)

Currently, I also need something more like Vidalia or ARM, for system wide
usage, than TB, very limited for usage outside the web.

--
Aeris

Protégez votre vie privée, chiffrez vos communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/