[tor-talk] New Software: P2P filesharing designed to use Tor

Full Name freedomfighter3 at myway.com
Tue Jan 6 18:10:15 UTC 2015

Thanks for your reply, see answers below:
>> how are peers discovered
  peers are stored in shared peer repository, initial peer repository is downloaded from boot-node. Peers have addresses (hidden services) so they can connect to each other

>>  how are files shared
  select a directory to share, all files hased within and then the file meta is distributed into the network (no central repository)

>> how initially discover the files
  either do a file search (by name) or download a link, like an emule ed2k link .
  also you can download a "container" (list of files), so that files are bundled together with directory substructure, like a torrent file from bittorrent. you can also create a container file ".sdc"

General Info of how SecureLoad ius working:
   * each peer creates hidden service, so peers can connect to each other
   * each node is treated equally, no central repository. Exception: boot-node, which has a list of known nodes.
   * each node maintaines a list of known nodes/ peers, and a list of known shared files
   * when a peer shares files, this list is transmitted into the network
   * file searches are propagated through the network over multiple nodes. if you issue a search, many nodes will
     search their local copy of the global file share repository, so each search should give a complete result of what is there even if
     there are many files
   * The communication protocol is using the JSon format. The JSon message itself is zipped which reduces the overhead.
   * Data transmission is not zipped and binary data is not encoded in JSon. Compression is not used because zipped transfers
     usually does not have advantages and  can be used to spread fake files (see emule fake files)
   * The GUI uses Java, as 3rd-party libraries (not shipoped with standard Java)  'jgoodies-common-1.8.0.jar' (gui library), 'jgoodies-forms-1.8.0.jar' (gui library), log4j-1.2.16.jar (logging library)

Any more questions? please :)