[tor-talk] How can I use tor to access the ipv6-enabled website?

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 05:32:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:41:26 +0000, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> 3- Thirdly, I use tor or privoxy as the proxy to access the
> http://ipv6.google.com/, but finally failed.  Can someone please give me
> some hints?

As far as I know, the tor network doesn't do exiting to ipv6 yet.
When you have ipv6 enabled locally this only allows you to access
the tor network via ipv6 (under some extra conditions - uing a
bridge). But through tor you can only access ipv4 sites (AFAIK).

You need to keep in mind that the tor exit nodes talk to your
target systems - you local settings don't influence how that
is done.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."