[tor-talk] Funded search engine for onionspace?

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Sat Feb 14 01:00:49 UTC 2015

> Are OnionCity staff reviewing and redacting those lists to protect users
from themselves? Or is redaction based only on complaints?

We do both.

> For some privacy, users can instead search https://startpage.com/ with
"site:onion.city", and then view using the Ixquick Proxy. Could
OnionCity script that as the default?

I hadn't seen this before!  Thanks!  I played with proxying everything
through Ixquick for a bit but I personally felt the performance drop was
too unpleasant to make Ixquick the default.  Native HTTPS will come once
funding allows.

-V