[tor-talk] No update of Tor Expert Bundle

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Feb 8 05:41:13 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 05:34:35AM +0000, Moses wrote:
> It seems the Windows version Tor Expert Bundle has not update for a
> long time. Just wonder if it is still being maintained or it has been
> deprecated?

They actually do still exist. The current one is:
https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/4.0.3/tor-win32-tor-0.2.5.10.zip
as linked from the download page.

For more related tickets, see

(There are a couple of strong-willed Windows users who care, but very
few developers on the packaging side who have Windows, so we've been
working to find a lower-maintenance but still adequate solution so we
don't keep breaking the expert bundle when we change other things.)

--Roger