[tor-talk] Fwd: I Encourage Everyone, Right Here And Now, To Donate Money To His Three Main Security Programs, Which He Uses The Most!

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Sat Feb 7 22:24:23 UTC 2015

On 15-02-07 02:29 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>> "if you ever need info about anyone at harvard just ask.
>> i have over 4000 emails, pictures, addresses, sns.
>> They trust me — dumb fucks."[0]
>> http://gawker.com/5636765/facebook-ceo-admits-to-calling-users-dumb-fucks
>
> People should know by now that blindly trusting any entity
> online other than yourself is just asking to be fucked.
>
>> Are you sure they have a monopoly on dumb fucks?
>
> No. Market share indicates that honor is probably split
> between facebook and twitter for social content, with google
> picking up most other usage categories.

Market share would also seem to indicate that Microsoft has installed
surveillance capabilities on over 90% of deskstations or laptops [0].
Mobile use will alter the market share numbers, as will many other
factors.

Perhaps more apropos Tor and GPG, how many security and privacy aware
users are there, and how many of those are competent enough to support
the rest?  Are we making any progress in spreading the word and the freedom?
How well audited is the techology?  How sustainable and resilient is the
development base?

[0]
http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0