[tor-talk] Orbot+VPN alpha preview

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Wed Feb 4 22:09:48 UTC 2015

We have a new alpha build of Orbot that uses the Android VPN API to
route all Android device traffic over Tor without root. This is
obviously focused on circumvention and not anonymity, allowing people to
use apps over Tor that are blocked in specific countries or contexts.

We are also considering how to warn users of non-HTTPS traffic, and
allow them to enable a "secure traffic only" mode that only allows port
443 over Tor.

Any feedback and/or test results is appreciated.