[tor-talk] ISP CenturyLink Blocking Tor?

nathaniel at moltennetworks.co.uk nathaniel at moltennetworks.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 16:14:26 UTC 2015

I have been at a close friend's house recently and his provider is
CenturyLink (at home I use TimeWarner Cable). I tried to download Tor
Tails (over BitTorrent) and the Internet literally dropped so I closed
BitTorrrent, afterwards I launched the Tor Browser Bundle and then my
computer was disconnected from the router and couldn't reconnect and
no one at the house could access the Internet, we had to reboot the
router to fix the issue. I then enabled Pluggable Transports
(meet-google or something like that) and now I'm able to connect to
Tor without any issues. This really concerns me as I was able to
repeat the crash by launching Tor Browser Bundle and crash the router
again.

This worries me as I can see a direct link (Launch Tor Browsre Bundle
without Pluggable Transports) and (Router and Internet require
Reboot). Could this be a form of censorship within the United States?

I will be returning home today but this is really worrying me as it
could be a form of censorship within the United States.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this?