[tor-talk] Whonix Project Looking for Web Server Sponsor!

Sun Feb 1 03:13:51 UTC 2015

Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and
security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and
security by isolation.

The project exists since 2012.

Learn more:
https://www.whonix.org

We are currently looking for a sponsor who is willing to donate a
suitable sized virtual or root server.

Programs we plan to install:
- debian
- varnish cache
- ngnix
- apache2

Web apps we plan to use:
- mediawiki
- wordpress
- smfforum
- phabricator
- (same as current whonix.org)

Requirements general:
- ssh access
- DDOS protection: We're nice people and we didn't have any issues with
DDOS yet. Should that even happen, we hope you could circumvent the DDOS
and would not end the the sponsorship because of this.

Requirements minimal:
- 40 GB HDD
- traffic ~ 300 GB / month
- ~ 1 MB / s
- probably growing as project grows

Requirements ideal:
- As an optional bonus - no requirement - we would also like to use the
server as an rsync master mirror.
- 100 GB HDD
- traffic ~ 2 TB / month
- ~ 50 MB / s

Setup:
If you have technicians who would like to help with (initial) setup
(ssl...) and performance tuning (varnish...), that would be appreciated
as an optional bonus, but is not an requirement.

Attribution:
If you wish you can be attributed in our main homepage wiki footer
and/or in other appropriate places. Let's talk.

Reputation:
It needs to be a reputable company or individual.

Contact:
Please start a conversation by contacting us by E-Mail.

Patrick Schleizer (project leader)
adrelanos at riseup dot net

fortasse (webmaster)
fortasse at riseup dot net

Sponsorship contract possible with Patrick Schleizer if desired.