[tor-talk] Hello I have a few question about tor network

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Tue Dec 29 11:06:02 UTC 2015

Hello and welcome here !

> 1. Tor network is 100% security network? that can not be hacked by other
> cracker?

Tor is not a security network per se, it provides only anonymity from the
point of view of the servers you use : nobody can say this is you behind this
Tor visitor.

> 2. If not, How can cracker attack tor network that tor can't prevent?

Tor network can be hack (ie. deanonymizing users) with a sybill attack.
If an attacker control more than 66% of the Tor nodes, he has some
probabilities to control 2 of the 3 nodes you will use (the most important are
the first and the last), and so can link each hop with each others, leading to
user deanonymization.

For more details, read https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/design-paper/
tor-design.html#sec:assumptions and https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/
design-paper/tor-design.html#subsec:threat-model

Regards,
--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group self-radicalized on the digital Internet

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/