[tor-talk] Ordering a .onion EV certificate from Digitcert

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:54:09 UTC 2015

Whether we follow the logic completely (all TLS with valid certificates)
and we have a solution for all cases, whether we don't, and currently
the W3C folks don't (WebRTC example) and forbid other things not
explaining clearly why.

I will not start a CA model discussion again, but the unanswered
question in the thread was: what can ws with https hurt exactly and why
are we obliged to use insecure http with ws? Knowing that the benefit of
wss over the Tor protocol is null and that the future of browsers is
certainly not to continue discussing with good old websites.

So the subsequent question was: what can we do for browsers to discuss
with entities that can't have valid certificates?

Maybe it's out of the scope of this discussion but if this "all TLS"
trend is confirmed flashproxy is going to have a problem too.