[tor-talk] twitter tor block redux

Tempest tempest at bitmessage.ch
Tue Dec 1 12:23:55 UTC 2015

i noticed a number of accounts were suspended due to using tor recently.
 any news on the status of accounts locked out in the last round of
twitter's tor censorship? i'm coming up on 96 hours since twitter has
acknowledged in email that there was an "automated behavior" problem
which resulted in the suspension of my account until i provide a phone
number.  the last time twitter had taken this long to reply to my
support ticket, it turned out they were simply ignoring my emails for
some reason.

while i'm sympathetic to twitter in their attempts to combat spammers,
their claims that they "fixed" the problem with the tor suspensions
feels like empty pr at this point, since this is the 4th account
suspension i've received since twitter began having problems with their
new security regime.

--
gpg key - 0x2A49578A7291BB34
fingerprint - 63C4 E106 AC6A 5F2F DDB2 3840 2A49 578A 7291 BB34