[tor-talk] future of torstatus.blutmagie.de

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Sun Aug 23 19:18:51 UTC 2015

Am 23.08.2015 um 17:43 schrieb Roman Mamedov:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:22:18 +0200
> Olaf Selke <olaf.selke at blutmagie.de> wrote:
>
>> not everybody feels comfortable relying on a service from Moscow
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:53:47 +0200
> Tom van der Woerdt <info at tvdw.eu> wrote:
>
>> run it from a more favorable location
> Really now, so everyone is silently okay with the Tor project as a whole being
> run and managed from the US, but as soon as a minor third party statistics
> service[1] talks about plans to migrate to Russia-based host, people are going
> to raise a fuss? Is Tor community really so chauvinist and US-centric?
no, at least I am not :-) That's the reason I've rented a VPS in Russia.
In the past I got too much trouble with western authorities regarding
Tor. On the other hand there're lots of http requests originating from
.gov and .mil domains all over the world. They might want to be informed
about blutmagie moving from West to East. Attached you'll find some 2015
Apache stats.

regards Olaf