[tor-talk] TBB 5 and Firefox Reader

Cain Ungothep ungocain at yandex.com
Fri Aug 21 03:23:55 UTC 2015

> Crappy design and wild adverts seem to be the norm on the Web. So
> Firefox Reader comes as a pretty useful app/extension/whatever they
> might call it.
>
> But I see it is disabled in TBB5. Can anyone shed some light why?

I'd like to know as well.  All I could find in trac was this:

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-50-released#comment-101378

There's no explanation there, but it's possible that this part of the
code in 38 ESR just wasn't given a security-/privacy-conscious review
yet, with other more pressing work in the 5.0 pipeline.

In any case, my many-years-old workaround stays as dependable as ever:
disable js (this goes without saying, really) and disable css.