[tor-talk] ConnLimit issues with tor-0.2.7.2-alpha

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:47:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Chris Dagdigian <dag at sonsorol.org> wrote:
> [warn] ConnLimit must be at least 32. Failing.
>
> .. despite setting ConnLimit to 1024 in torrc and testing the OS via "ulimit
> -H -n" I still see the "Failing" message as the last updated line in tor

What is output of 'ulimit -H -n' and 'ulimit -S -n', or 'limits -B -n'...
If soft is less than hard and soft is insufficient, check if tor
calls setrlimit(2) at all or correctly, or just bump soft to hard.
And some other shell may be starting tor than the one you
execd limits in... see login.conf, sysctl, rc, init, etc.