[tor-talk] SSH connection attempts through hidden service

Jens Kubieziel maillist at kubieziel.de
Tue Aug 11 00:55:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm running a SSH hidden service on some machines. Recently I was quite
surprised to find the following lines in my logs:

Aug  5 17:06:37 linux sshd[23935]: input_userauth_request: invalid user root [preauth]
Aug  5 17:06:51 linux sshd[23935]: Disconnecting: Too many authentication failures for root [preauth]

Nobody besides me knowns the onion name. But the person who ran those
tests tried user names like tor, hidden etc.

Has anyone also seen such connection attempts through hidden services?

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Mathematik ist die radikalste aller Geisteswissenschaften. Wer ihr in jungen