[tor-talk] Full integration with bitcoin (suggestion / feature request)

Felipe Micaroni Lalli micaroni+tor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:46:29 UTC 2015

Thank you Matt. I'm sorry if I didn't have a good idea, you were convincing.

I figured it could have implications for anonymity but imagined could exist
a solution (there is always). About the numbers, it was just a totally
random number, I'm sorry, I could used more real numbers as example.

The problem in charge (too much) an exit node is that no one would use
that. Imagine if all users set the max spending to "zero". In this case, it
would be useless to charge a exit node even with 1 Satoshi / MB because no
one would use it anyway. The market would find a good number, and my guess
is that would be ridiculously cheap to have a good number of exit nodes and
free would give almost the same experience as today we have.

It is not a matter of poor is less important, but create proper
incentives. For example: I'd like to run an exit node, but I'm pretty sure
if I do that the government here in Brazil will hunt me. It is very
dangerous to do that in Brazil. So, for me, it does not worth to risk it
for free. I'd put a very expensive price to my exit node because I want
little flow. Remember: I don't run an exit node anyway.

Well, if this is not good for Tor as it was designed, I guess I could make
a fork in Tor project and implement that, couldn't I?

Thank you!