[tor-talk] [TBB] Tor Project's amendments to Firefox about:config

Janis Haldemeyer haldemeyer at inbox.lv
Wed Apr 29 19:59:42 UTC 2015

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/tree/browser/app/profile/000-tor-browser.js?h=tor-browser-31.6.0esr-4.5-1

https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/tree/Bundle-Data/linux/Data/Browser/profile.default/preferences/extension-overrides.js

> We've made many more signficant changes than
just about:config settings,
> though. We have over 60 patches to Firefox in
Tor Browser:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/log/?h=tor-browser-31.6.0esr-4.5-1

> If you haven't seen the design doc, it explains
what we did and why:

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

> I am currently in the process of updating that
for 4.5-stable this week.

tor-talk at lists.torproject.org

thanks.
yes, I've seen the design doc and a link pointing
to "a number of Firefox preference changes".
unfortunately it resolves to something I fail to
grasp, namely:

> tree c48bd98da6d7da2fc3911b2ddf3ff765c458afdf
> parent 2d7ff8e2c2a5444b7c2bfd27aadd57f52cfb1315
> author tbirdbld <none at none> 1409164531 -0400
> committer tbirdbld <none at none> 1409164531 -0400
> Automated checkin: version bump for thunderbird
24.8.0 release. DONTBUILD CLOSED TREE a=release

I don't know what I'm supposed to do w/ this
the links you have provided work fine.
my interest in these settings is to see
potentially "leaky" settings, like safebrowsing
feature, geolocation etc, and to nick them into my
"less than private" regular firefox installation