[tor-talk] [TBB] Tor Project's amendments to Firefox about:config

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Wed Apr 29 01:56:41 UTC 2015

Janis Haldemeyer:

> hi, I'd like to know if Tor Project have made any
> changes to Firefox's about:config settings and
> what exactly has been changed.
> is there any way to find out?
> I've trawled through the docs section but failed
> to find information that concerns me so far.
> thanks.

Browser preference changes:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/tree/browser/app/profile/000-tor-browser.js?h=tor-browser-31.6.0esr-4.5-1
Addon preference changes:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/tree/Bundle-Data/linux/Data/Browser/profile.default/preferences/extension-overrides.js

We've made many more signficant changes than just about:config settings,
though. We have over 60 patches to Firefox in Tor Browser:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/log/?h=tor-browser-31.6.0esr-4.5-1

If you haven't seen the design doc, it explains what we did and why:
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

I am currently in the process of updating that for 4.5-stable this week.

--
Mike Perry